Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SECURITY Digest - 20 May 2011 to 22 May 2011 (#2011-100)

From: "Tom Siu, CISO, Case Western Reserve University" <thomas.siu () CASE EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 00:21:02 -0400

Hi Julie,
SANS is currently fielding interest for a Netwars (
http://www.sans.org/netwars/) event among .edus.
Here is the survey:

(http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NetWars-ng)
Regards,
Tom
 --
Tom Siu
   Chief Information Security Officer
   my pgp key can be found at pgpkeys.mit.edu
   216-368-6959

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM, SECURITY automatic digest system <
LISTSERV () listserv educause edu> wrote:

Topics of the day:

 1. Cyberwarfare/hacking games (2)

Date:    Sun, 22 May 2011 16:59:08 +0000
From:    "Fugett, Julie C" <jcf () KU EDU>
Subject: Cyberwarfare/hacking games

--_000_79E109DE8D617E46AF7B03ED5D3D976725B96FEXCH10MBX03homeku_

I'm researching games and gaming hosts for a cyberwarfare game I'm helping
=
to host next fall. I'm curious if any of you have worked with companies
tha=
t do this sort of thing-what were your experiences, who would you
recommend=
, who would you avoid? I've been doing research on my own and coming up
wit=
h the same two organizations. Both are great but I want to make sure I
brin=
g as many options as possible to my team.

I'm totally open on game format-traditional red team vs blue team is
great,=
 but more flexible game formats are fine as well.

Julie C. Fugett, CISSP
Network Security Architect
Telecom Engineers and Network Architects
Information Technology
University of Kansas

phone:  785.864.9356
mobile: 785.691.8822
email: jcf () ku edu<mailto:jcf () ku edu>