Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Securing the eCampus 2011: July 19-20 @ Dartmouth College

From: Adam Goldstein <adam.goldstein () DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:10:32 -0400

For the past four years CIOs, CISOs and other academic IT leaders have met in Hanover, NH to discuss how information security has become a significant campus-wide concern and an institution-wide responsibility. We are pleased to announce the 5th Annual "Securing the eCampus" conference and invite you to join us this year in discussing the unique challenges of cyber security in academia and what it takes to build a culture of security at your institution.

Day one will feature a combination of presentations from leaders in the information security field, a panel discussion on cyber insurance and break-out sessions. This year we are fortunate to include among our presenters:

   * *Shari Lawrence Pfleeger* - Research Director of the Institute for
     Information Infrastructure Protection (I3P) and Co-author of
     /Security in Computing/
   * *Chuck Pfleeger* - Head of Pfleeger Consulting Group and Co-author
     of /Security in Computing/
   * *Larry Conrad* - Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and
     Chief Information Officer for the University of North Carolina at
     Chapel Hill
   * *Alex Hutton* - Principal in Research and Risk Intelligence at
     Verizon Business

The second day will include break-out sessions that allow participants to discuss specific topic areas in smaller groups and in a more informal setting. Topics will include: "anatomy of an attack" with Dartmouth's *Adam Goldstein* *and the Cyber Security Initiative Team*; social media security and privacy with Plymouth State's *Jennifer Frank*; the OWASP Top 10 with Cigital's *Kuai Hinojosa*; understanding global internet events with *Doug Madory *of Renesys; and more. The conference will begin on the morning of Tuesday, July 19th and will conclude on the afternoon of July 20th.

Details on the conference and registration information can be found on our website at: http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/.

The registration fee for the conference is *$125* and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and a networking event on July 19th and breakfast, lunch and snacks on July 20th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at both the Six South Street Hotel in Downtown Hanover and the Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon. The cutoff date for both room blocks is *June 18th*. See the website's page on lodging for more information: http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/lodging.html.

This workshop is co-hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society (ISTS) and Peter Kiewit Computing Services (PKCS) at Dartmouth College. Additional information about ISTS can be found at http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/. Information on Computing Services can be found at http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions, please contact either:

Tom Candon
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Thomas.K.Candon () Dartmouth EDU <mailto:Thomas.K.Candon () Dartmouth EDU>

or

Adam Goldstein
Peter Kiewit Computing Services
Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU <mailto:Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU>

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Nicole Hall Hewett
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Communications and Events Manager
Nicole.Hall.Hewett () Dartmouth EDU <mailto:Nicole.Hall.Hewett () Dartmouth EDU>

We look forward to seeing you in July!