Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: bonded endace + snort

From: jeff murphy <jcmurphy () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:14:24 -0400

On Apr 29, 2011, at 18:09, Mike Lococo <mike.lococo () nyu edu> wrote:

   ...  or you want to do stream reassembly

I think what you're saying here is that there is single-link which has
been subdivided somehow.  Either you have the incoming and outgoing
portions of a tap on separate ports, or it's been load-balanced in some
non-session-aware way.  And you're recombining the traffic so that snort
sees complete sessions instead of broken-up snippets of traffic.  Yes?

Yes. We use a regen tap. Nature of the beast, etc