Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Using ISO 27002 as your Official Policy?

From: Stewart James <Stewart.James () VU EDU AU>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:08:33 +0000

Hi Daniel,

If memory serves correctly policies can be layered. So in theory you can have a high level policy, then a
faculty/department policy and then even a system specific policy. This requires that some central authority take
responsibility for managing and even auditing in a decentralised environment.

Cheers,

Stewart