Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security projects and web application firewall

From: "Youngquist, Jason R." <jryoungquist () CCIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:49:50 +0000

Hi.

I'm wondering the different security-related projects that people have on their plate for this year and next year.
A few of mine:

*         Encrypting removable media

*         Web application security

*         Finding sensitive data at rest

*         Implement solutions to decrease malware

Also, I was wondering if anyone uses a commercial/open source hardware/software web application firewall, how long it
took to get up and running, and if you've been pleased with the results.

Feel free to respond to the list or email me off-line.

Thanks.
Jason Youngquist
Information Technology Security Engineer
Technology Services
Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334
jryoungquist () ccis edu<mailto:jryoungquist () ccis edu>
http://www.ccis.edu<http://www.ccis.edu/>