Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Trying to manage the move to the cloud

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:37:16 +0000

Our Information Security Policy includes this little statement:

"Offsite storage, processing or backup of PSI/CID [private sensitive information/critical institutional data] must use
service providers evaluated and approved by the responsible data steward in consultation with OIT. OIT is directed to
publish standards that conform to this
policy<https://it.usu.edu/policies/htm/information-security/selection-of-cloud-computing-services>."

The standards are still in development; the link goes to notes, comments and links to others.

Bob Bayn                    (435)797-2396                 Security Team
                  You are on the Security Team, too.
Be an Internet Skeptic!  There's nothing really free on the 'net
Office of Information Technology     at     Utah State University
            http://tinyurl.com/bicyclists-share-kidneys