Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Poll re: Email Journaling - Legal Copies of all messages

From: Terence Ma <Terence.Ma () TUN TOURO EDU>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:31:25 -0800

At Touro University Nevada, as I understand it, we journal all email in/out through our Barracuda archiver appliance.
Journal data is kept for five years per our data retention policy. We also are about to install the Commvault archival
system (mostly for eDiscovery purposes). At some point, we may move from journaling to whatever it is that the
Commvault uses for archiving all email.

Sincerely,
Tere

Terence P. Ma, PhD