Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Institution-Wide Identity Theft Management

From: "Self, Dennis" <dlself () SAMFORD EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:42:16 -0600

Trevor,

I am very interested in your program.  I would appreciate seeing pertinent documents and would like to discuss your
program at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Dennis Self
Director, IT Security & Compliance
Samford University
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229-2293
(205) 726-2692

From: Trevor Wallis <twallis () SBTS EDU<mailto:twallis () SBTS EDU>>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:25:34 -0600
To: "SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU<mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE
EDU<mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>>
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Institution-Wide Identity Theft Management

Dennis,

In compliance with the FTC’s Identity Theft Red Flags and Address Discrepancies rule at 16 CFR part 681, my institution
established an Identify Theft Prevention Program including a set of “Red Flags” rules, response procedures, and
employee training.  Let me know if you’re interested in the details.

All regards,

Trevor

Trevor A. Wallis
Vice President of Campus Technology
Chief Information Officer
[cid:image001.jpg@01CBCE8D.02739170]
Southern Seminary
2820 Lexington Road
Louisville, KY 40280
Phone: 502.897.4193
Fax: 502.897.4125
twallis () sbts edu<mailto:twallis () sbts edu>

Don't be a phishing victim – Southern Seminary and other reputable organizations will never use email to ask for your
password, social security number or confidential personal information.