Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SANS @ EDU Survey of classes

From: "Young, Beth A." <youngba () MORE NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:46:59 -0600

The folks at SANS have created a survey for us to fill out with our training class preferences.  The SANS@EDU advisory
board needs to know what classes people are interested in taking from SANS.  When we offer classes like the IPv6 class,
then it is obvious that the partnership works - we have great registration numbers and SANS is happy because we have a
large class.  If we offer classes that nobody wants or of limited interested (e.g.: maybe 2 people on a campus), then
we can't pull in the student numbers needed to make this partnership work and classes get canceled because of low
registration. Then nobody is happy, and SANS starts wondering if the partnership is really worth it.

Please take a moment and fill out this SANS survey, ranking which classes you are most interested in.  Here are some
general price guidelines if that helps you decide between 2-day classes and 6-day classes:
1-,2-,3-day courses are generally $350/day (so 3 days would be $1050).  This price is dependent on getting at least 100
people registered.
4-,5-,6-day courses are generally 70% off the list price so figure $1200-$1500 per class.  Again, this price is
dependent on getting at least 100 people registered.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/vLiveSimulcast2011

Please share this survey with as many people as you can so we can generate a more accurate assessment of classes people
want to see offered at the reduced SANS@EDU rate.

Thanks for your time!
Beth

Beth Young, CISSP