Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPad / mobile device security and policy

From: "Webb, Justin" <justin.webb () MARQUETTE EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 19:25:12 +0000

We are using the iPhone Configuration Utility. One other nice thing is that you can sign the individual profiles, so
there is some form of verification to the user before they go about installing it. A lot of the information about
Enterprise deployment can be found here:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/enterprise/

The Config profiles can be installed via the utility, or can be accessed by merely browsing to a webpage which has the
xml profile on it.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Justin P. Webb, GCIH
Security Analyst
IT Services, Marquette University