Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNSSEC Implementations

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:40:13 -0600

My only anecdote thus far is when we did 2008R2 and upgraded our last DC, we broke NIH.GOV lookups due to EDNS0 /
RFC2671 being turned on by default. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832223;  Those are my favorite kind of errors:
'intermittent network issues' in departments fairly removed from the time of configuration change.

I half expect more things to go the way chome plop in internal resolvers to help users debug issues.