Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

FireEye appliance

From: Peter Charbonneau <Peter.Charbonneau () WILLIAMS EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:14:52 -0500

Good morning,

I am looking for information from any of you that own one of the FireEye appliances (or know someone who has one). We are looking to purchase one of these appliances, but the 7000 series is priced too high, in my opinion.

We have looked at the 4000 series, and it seems like it will do the job, at least for this year; I am basing this guestimate on total bandwidth and total connections thru the device.

I am wondering if any of you own an appliance, what model, what are you pushing thru it, and what was your decision making process, if any?

If you think this is of interest to the list, please reply to the list; If this is too narrow a topic, please respond off-list.

Thank you,

PeteC

Peter Charbonneau
Sr. Network and Systems Administrator