Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Survey sites used for Phishing attacks

From: Anthony Maszeroski <maszeroskia3 () SCRANTON EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:09:51 -0400

We're staring to see this in the phishing campaign emails we receive:

Shortened_URL_Service_A -> Shortened_URL_Service_B -> ... -> Compromised
site hosting credential harvesting form -OR- Legitimate survey / form site.

In the latest, the phisher/spammers (phammers?) even went through the
trouble of branding the email.