Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Best practice: IT polices and standards

From: Ben Woelk <fbwis () RIT EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:27:29 -0400

Nick,
Our policy and standards process and documents are on our website. Our information security policy gives us the ability
to create standards without engaging a university policy committee. We worked to establish a comparatively lightweight
process so that we could be a little more agile. All of our standards follow a similar template. We also produce Plain
English Guides to help users understand the requirements of the standards.

You’re welcome to use any of our materials. Please contact me directly if you need more information or Word docs.

http://security.rit.edu/standards/index.html

Ben Woelk '07
Policy and Awareness Analyst
Information Security Office
Rochester Institute of Technology
ROS 10-A204
151 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
585.475.4122
585.475.7920 fax
ben.woelk () rit edu<mailto:ben.woelk () rit edu>
http://security.rit.edu/dsd.html

Become a fan of RIT Information Security at
http://rit.facebook.com/RITInfosec<http://rit.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6017464645>

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RIT_InfoSec

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any
copies of this information.