Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: attempts sending fake phishing messages to students and/or employees

From: Morrow Long <morrow.long () YALE EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:25:12 -0400

On Jun 8, 2010, at 12:55 AM, Ben Woelk <fbwis () RIT EDU> wrote:
We have used a few different techniques to combat phishing:

Awareness, including posters (adapted from Yale University) and having a phishing awareness week (twice) on campus with a student dressed in a phish costume visiting campus offices. (http://reportermag.com/article/05-01-2009/phishing-fish-draws-attention ) ...

Thanks. We liked RIT's idea of having a student walk around in a fish costume and used it for phishing (as well as social networking security) awareness for frosh orientation (and other personal appearances):

        http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2010/sep/02/new-its-mascot-hooks-freshmen/

- Morrow