Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Back on topic.... Re: [SECURITY] University credentials used by third parties

From: "David L. Wasley" <dlwasley () EARTHLINK NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:36:43 -0700

I don't recall anyone noting that FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc. "social networking" sites also ask for your email userid and password "so we can notify your contacts about your new account!" (sic). How many students have FaceBook accounts? How many userids/passwords has FaceBook acquired? Hmm...

        David

-----