Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Phishing Links

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:21:38 -0400

Hi,

One of my pet expressions is You can't stop stupid, but you can slow it down --- I have found that one of the best ways to slow it down is through education .. but remember, you need to take a lesion from the advertising people .. one ad, no matter how good, will not sell your widgets .. you need to repeat the message - the same goes for security education .. develop a campaign and then rinse and repeat.

My 2 cents

Joel