Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Phishing Links

From: Ben Woelk <fbwis () RIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:09:23 -0400

Although it may be more secure, I don't believe this would be accepted by most college departments. They would see this
as a barrier to communications, not an enabler.

The other issue is that the mail client may automatically convert the URL to a link.

Ben Woelk '07
Policy and Awareness Analyst
Information Security Office
Rochester Institute of Technology
Ross 10-A204
151 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
585.475.4122
585.475.7920 fax
ben.woelk () rit edu<mailto:ben.woelk () rit edu>
http://security.rit.edu/dsd.html

Become a fan of RIT Information Security at http://rit.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6017464645

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RIT_InfoSec