Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI Compliance End-User Training

From: Don Cochran <dcochran () SCIPPINTERNATIONAL ORG>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:14:54 -0400

Most schools have created their own Security Awareness course which is
delivered to faculty and staff. And I would assume most feel the awareness
course is sufficient for the required training under section 12 of the
PCI-DSS.  SCIPP International has taken it a bit further and has developed
industry specific modules which augment their foundation course which
addresses the uniqueness's of the differing sectors and their requirements.
SCIPP has an Education module which addresses FERPA, a healthcare module for
HIPAA Security and a HIPAA Privacy, a retail module for PCI, etc. etc...

We have also developed an on-line course which covers the principles of
secure coding and satisfies the training requirement found in section 6 of
the PCI-DSS which calls for the evidence of training on the OWASP Top-10
(Cross-site scripting, data injection, and the like).

Our cost effective courses are the only ANSI accredited certificate courses
offered for security awareness training - more info can be found on our
website or by contacting us at info () scippinternational org

Warm regards,

Don Cochran
Director, Business Development
SCIPP International
1964 Gallows Road, Suite 320
Vienna, Virginia 22182
United States of America

+1 703.637.4422 (Direct)
+1 703.599-0666 (Cell)
+1 703. 637-4371 (Fax)
www.SCIPPinternational.org

           SCIPP International
"The Security Awareness Certification Company"