Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please do not change your password

From: "Sarazen, Daniel" <dsarazen () UMASSP EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:36:07 -0400

No, he cannot convince the auditors. As was previously stated, the paper really deals with consumer accounts, not
institutions. Furthermore, if your organization failed to put in place an accepted, standard control and then you have
a PII breach as a result of the absence of the control, I'd imagine your liability would be significantly higher.
That's just a guess though.