Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New Thawte Enterprise Certificate Center

From: "Sauvigne, Craig M" <sauvignec () WINTHROP EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:02:27 -0500

Here at Winthrop, we renewed 6 of our certs the first week of January
that were coming up for renewal in the next couple of months. All our
renewed certs show an expiration date that was an additional year(s)
from the original expiration, not a year from the date it was issued.
Everything appears to be working correctly and the renewal periods we
got were fair.

Some of the renewals were for one year, some were for multiple years.

We did notice the change in approvals that are cause for concern but
everything else seemed to work fine on the new enterprise system.

Craig M. Sauvigne
System Administrator
Winthrop University
Rock Hill, SC 29733