Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Standards? Whitepaper? RE: virtual machines

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:25:16 -0400

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:11:47 CDT, Theresa Semmens said:
Has anyone set up security standards or written a white paper on security
for virtual machines?  It would make a nice case study for Educause and for
those who will be attempting to set up virtual labs and servers.  You are
welcome to share online or offline with me.

http://cisecurity.org/en-us/?route=downloads.browse.category.benchmarks.servers.virtualization

Disclaimer: I take partial blame for CIS's Solaris, AIX, and Linux benchmarks,
but I wasn't part of the virtualization effort.