Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

What Control Framework are you using?

From: David Clift <David.Clift () UTAH EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:35:07 -0600

I would like to get an idea of what control frameworks are being used by academic institutions, especially those
organizations that also have a health care function and are affected by HIPAA / HITECH regulations.  I am currently
evaluating the NIST, HITRUST CSF, and ISO frameworks and would appreciate hearing feedback from other organizations on
the positives and negatives of each of those.  Is one more popular or better suited to academic / health care
organizations?

You are welcome to respond back to me directly with any feedback you have.

Thanks,
David

David Clift
University of Utah