Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Managing App/Equip/Peripheral Status and Release Information

From: "Then, Keri" <Keri_Then () REDLANDS EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:38:23 -0700

Does anyone have a shareware or near free solution for managing their application, hardware, and network equipment
status/release information from an enterprise perspective?

We have now grown to over 75 applications (running on physical and virtual machines) plus we need to track apps and OS
releases on data and voice appliance, server, and networking equipment, video surveillance equipment, other IP video
equipment, plus peripheral devices.  Spreadsheets are just not cutting it anymore and WSUS is great for WIN OS and
Cisco Works is good for NOS and switches but what about apps and other OS?

Sorry for the cross postings if you subscribe to more than one list.

Keri

Keri A. Then
Director of Enterprise Services, ITS
University of Redlands