Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Emergency Communication Tools

From: "Hudson, Edward" <ewhudson () CSUCHICO EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:41:09 -0700

Interested in what other campus's are using for communication during outages, campus emergencies.  SendNow seems cost
prohibitive (100K) for our campus.
We are looking for tool that allows us to txt/email etc and track response efforts during outages as well as
communicate with technical and management groups.
Obviously tools need to be cloud based, or hosted off campus.
Suggestions have included Google Groups, Wave, blogs even Facebook <I know, I know ;-) > Clearly need something secure,
but accessible via the Internet, smart phones etc. and not dependent on our on campus authentication.
TIA

Ed Hudson, CISM
Information Security Office
California State University, Chico