Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Windows 7 and a Cisco 3000 series concentrator

From: Andrew Davis <Andrew.Davis () RCC EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:46:30 -0800

Hello,

I had no luck getting the Windows 7 built-In VPN client to connect to our Cisco 3000 series concentrator. In searching
for an answer, I did find a free VPN client that works with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit). It is very simple to use and can
import Cisco PCF files.

It is made by a company called Shrew Soft Inc.
www.shrew.net

It is called the Shrew Soft VPN Client. That is the best solution I could come up with.

If someone has successfully got the Windows 7 VPN client to connect to a series 3000 concentrator, I would be very
interested to hear how you accomplished such a feat.

Andrew D