Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Researcher seeks volunteers for interview

From: Megan Carney <carn0048 () UMN EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:20:42 -0600

Assuming the security issues could be worked out, I think this would be a
fascinating study.

If it's possible to make it work, I think it could be very useful for the
community.  It would be nice to have a better idea what's behind the intuition
that so many of us have to use everyday.

--
Megan Carney
Security Coordinator

Merlin Mann's rules for sensible email:
1. Know why you're writing and what result you would like to see.
2. Make clear whether you are providing information, requesting information,
or requesting action.
3. Write a great subject line.
4. Brevity is the soul. . .of getting a response.
5. Make clear what the next action is.
6. Keep messages and threads limited to one topic or project.

www.43folders.com/2005/09/19/writing-sensible-email-messages