Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Researcher seeks volunteers for interview

From: Mike Waite <mfw113 () PSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:18:02 -0500

Brad,

A colleague of mine at Penn State forward me a similar request that does include some pertinent details into Michelle's
research, most notably a link to the Project summary
http://ist.psu.edu/facultyresearch/sponsored/summaries/page2.cfm?intPageID=696&intGrantID=2091 and an IRB# 33169.

I do not have details of her research and what date she is interested in collecting, other that what is listed on the
project summary website, but I am confident that this is a legitimate research project.

I am sure that we can all recall a time when we were new in this field and were searching for help from this community
that tend to hold everything tight to their chests and the difficulties that we were presented when it came to trust.
All I can say is if have time hear her out and respond as you feel is appropriate to her questions.

Thanks

Michael Waite
Enterprise Security Analyst
Enterprise Information Privacy and Security Services (EIPSs)
Security Operations and Services (SOS)
Information Technology Services (ITS)
The Pennsylvania State University (PSU)
201 Greenleaf Park One