Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Enforcement of Security Training for Faculty/Staff

From: "Patria, Patricia" <PPatria () BENTLEY EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 11:55:17 -0500

We are still in the process of rolling out our training, but our plans are as follows:

1.       Training will be required for all staff members. We plan to roll-out on-line training through MOAT which
tracks whether someone has performed the training in the proper time frame. Managers will be responsible for ensuring
compliance. If staff do not complete the training in the appropriate time frame, managers will take that into
consideration in the yearly performance review process.

2.       We will not require or track training for faculty, but we include faculty in our security awareness bulletins
which are sent quarterly, and we will provide security awareness sessions on a yearly basis at a General Faculty
Meeting (where most of the faculty are in attendance).

3.       We have also performed some additional targeted training to targeted groups including our Senior Managers, IT,
HR, Faculty Senate and Key Users (technical users in the business units).

4.       Human resources also provides a general security awareness training to all new hires.

Hope that helps.

Patty

Patty Patria
Chief Information Security Administrator | Bentley University
175 Forest Street, Waltham, MA 02452 |781.891.2364