Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Batch importing into Active Directory

From: "Miller, Don C." <donm () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:45:53 -0800

Steve, this is a little late in response but I would recommend you use
the csvde command to extract an existing contact as a csv, modify it and
then use the same command to import it back.  I have not used csvde but
I do use ldfde to import contacts from ldif files for exchange 2003
fairly often for ad-hoc needs (ldif as I also use ldapmodify from
osx/linux).  There are also quite a few examples for using vbscript to
automate the management of contacts.

Don Miller

University of Idaho