Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: program similar to OSSEC

From: Neal McCorkle <neal_mccorkle () NCSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:39:26 -0500

OSSEC runs on windows as well.  It does require you to edit a xml config
file instead of having a nice gui tool.  It is also included in Trend
Micro's Deep Security product along with several other features for host
based security.

http://www.ossec.net/    (I have no idea why they chose a .net for the
project)

Neal McCorkle
Information Security Officer
North Carolina State University

Youngquist, Jason R. wrote:
We are looking for a HIDS with file integrity monitoring.  We are primarily a Windows shop, and as I understand it, the
OSSEC management server only runs on Linux, AIX, Solaris, and HP/UX boxes.  I was wondering if there was a similar HIDS
with file integrity monitoring which uses Windows as the management server.

Thanks.
Jason Youngquist
Information Technology Security Engineer
Technology Services
Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334