Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Converting WIM to ISO

From: "Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC)" <Nathan-Gibson () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:48:40 -0600

We are using Windows Deployment Server to deploy base images across campus.  I some cases I need to have the base image
installed on devices not directly connected to our network.  I would like to take this base image and convert it into
an ISO. I am having a little trouble figuring out how to do this.

1.       Basically I need to convert a .WIM capture image to a bootable .ISO

I some documentation at Microsoft using PETools in the AIK; however, it appears to be limited to creating ISO's of
"Discover" images not "captured" images. I tried to use this documentation to create my ISO of the captured image but
it doesn't work.

I'm reaching out for some help, if anybody has some information on how to accomplish this task, I would be grateful.

V/R,

GIBBY
_____________________________
Nathan J. Gibson, MsIA, CISSP, CISM,CCNA, MCSA
Sr. IT Analyst
Infrastructure Services
The University of Oklahoma HSC
voice: 405.271.2644 x50340
fax:    405.271.2181
Feedback?  Email comments to Shad Steward<mailto:shad-steward () ouhsc edu?subject=Feedback%20for%20Chris%20Duree>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.