Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Spam (inbound and outbound) and Malware Protection

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:53:16 -0500

Feehan, Patrick wrote:
We are polling members to determine how they perform e-mail spam and
malware protection:

·         How many outsource spam protection (e.g., to Postini)?

·         How many perform spam protection in-house (e.g., using
Ironport or Forefront)?

·         In either case, what service or application do you use?

·         In general, are you satisfied with your solution?

Any feedback is appreciated.

We're using a pair of Proofpoint mail appliances. They just went online
a little while ago, but we're happy with them so far.

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-8378
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu