Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anyone using Webdrive for secure file transfers?

From: Tom Jackson <tom.jackson () UNCP EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:00:38 -0500

UNC Pembroke tested both Webdrive and Netdrive (http://www.netdrive.net/).  Both assign a drive letter in Windows and
support a variety of protocols, as Kris explains below.  We found that Webdrive worked well with SFTP servers, but had
a number of issues with FTP/SSL servers, and would occasionally lock up.  Conversely, Netdrive worked well with FTP/SSL
servers.  We chose the Netdrive since our biggest need was FTP/SSL.  Netdrive is a Windows only product.

Tom Jackson
Associate CIO/CTO
Division of Information Technology
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Pembroke, NC 28372-1510
tom.jackson () uncp edu | 910 775-4355 | fax: 910 775-4333