Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Self Service Password Reset Programs

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:18:09 -0500

WILLIAM I ARNOLD wrote:
We here at the University of Tampa are in the process of evaluating some
Self Serve Password Reset programs. Is anyone out there using a product
that will reset the AD password but also using it to tie into other
systems such as an LDAP,  administrative system (Jenzabar), live mail,
or any other system for  Password resets. We are looking at 3 products
at the moment.  Netwrix Password Manager, ASPG ReACT password manager,
and  SysOp Tools Password Reset Pro. If anyone is using any of these
products I would like to know what you think of the software. Please
feel free to contact off line.

We're using IDSentrie from A10 Networks to manage a fairly mixed bag of
directory systems. Not perfect, but good enough is good enough...

--
Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the publication of the Origin of
Species.

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"Bad administration, to be sure, can destroy good policy, but good
administration can never save bad policy." -- Adlai Stevenson.