Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Automated/Scripted UnInstall of Symantec AV

From: "Lazerwitz, Ian" <ilazerwitz () PACE EDU>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:24:49 -0400

Folks -

I know it has been discussed before but I am looking for some assistance on the automated removal of SAV 7,8,9,10 and
endpoint.  We are dumping SAV and our internal groups are telling me that there is no automated or scripted way to
remove all versions of SAV and install Forefront.  They want to visit every PC, I would prefer not to have to go that
route.  I have to believe there are some scripts out there to help with this.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Ian Lazerwitz