Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Peeling off desktop Administrator Rights

From: "Flynn, Gerald" <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:39:20 -0500

I believe you'll find entries in the event log showing the file path
that was blocked. Using that information, you might be able to fine
tune the policy. Hopefully it won't require allowing executable
content in the temporary internet folders :)

I'm having problems with login scripts located on the domain controller
and a local All Users script that we use to warn about use of an
account with administrator privileges being blocked by SRP that I
haven't managed to track down yet. The event log tells me the path but
even when I permit that path in the policy, it is still blocked. In
these cases, I also get a popup window telling me the script was
blocked.