Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: server tape restoration testing

From: Ray Bruder <bruder () DUQ EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:09:07 -0500

We have a list of critical servers that we run test restores on each month.
The other servers are rotated so that we are testing those machines every
other month.  We have 200+ servers in our data center.

We are simply using an Excel spreadsheet to track our restores indicating
server name, file restored, date of backup, date of restore and tape number.

Ray Bruder

Manager, Computer Operations

Duquesne University

DUsmall