Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: token authentication - new product on the market

From: Scott Beardsley <scott () CSE UCDAVIS EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:24:54 -0800

Note that there is an open source project dealing with
use of cell phones as OTP generators too.

http://motp.sourceforge.net/

Here is another[1]. I have an Android-powered phone and there is a
barada app on the market. I'll be playing with it the next few days.
MOTP is in Java so it shouldn't be hard to port/rewrite for it to work
on Android.

I like the idea of two-factor auth using your cell phone. Almost
everyone already has one and carries it everywhere. It also almost
always has a net connection (assuming you are the one requesting the
authentication).

Now, on to the real problem, how do we get this into our policies. ;)

Scott
---------
[1] http://barada.sourceforge.net/