Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Background Checks Revisited

From: "Sarazen, Daniel" <dsarazen () UMASSP EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:50:40 -0400

In short, my old company considered this, but didn't know how they would
deal with:

*       Loss of Talent (Which had been performing just fine previously)

*       Potential Lawsuits (although this was technically not an issue,
according to legal counsel)

So they choose to use a "going-forward" logic.

:: Daniel Sarazen, Senior Information Technology Auditor

:: University Internal Audit

:: University of Massachusetts President's Office

:: 774-455-7558

:: 781-724-3377 Cell

:: 774-455-7550 Fax

:: Dsarazen () umassp edu

University of Massachusetts : 333 South St. : Suite 450 : Shrewsbury, MA
01545 : www.massachusetts.edu