Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Alerting tool

From: "Crim, David" <dvcrim () TAYLOR EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:27:46 -0400

There is a threshold (thold) plugin for Cacti that will do exactly that.
It simply monitors the value of something your graphing, and sends you
an e-mail alert if it goes above or falls below thresholds.  You have to
install the cacti PA, "Plugin Arcitecture".  You can find it all at:
http://cactiusers.org/index.php

David Crim
Security Analyst
Information Technology
236 West Reade Avenue
Upland, Indiana 46989-0001
Office: 765-998-5167     Cell: 765-251-3370
Fax: 765-998-4640