Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Discontinuance of Thawte personal email certificates and Web of Trust

From: Ken Layng <kml18 () PSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:35:20 -0400

Of course no one ever guaranteed that PKI was simple, either. At least
for AD-integrated environments, it may come down to creating a browser
package with the Root CA pre-installed, then deployed via Group Policy.
For non-AD environments make a Firefox install package available for
download. I do see a significant upside benefit if this course could be
taken.

Ken Layng