Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA Settlement letter from Video Protection Alliance Services, LLC

From: David Lundy <dlundy () PACIFIC EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:04:43 -0700

We have received four notices.  One turned out to be a staff member with
a high amount of P2P traffic and three for the same student.  The
connection time, ip and ports matched with log entries.

The proposed settlement was $40 in each case.

We can not offer insight on Video Protection Alliance.

Dave Lundy
University of the Pacific