Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security of .edu Internet Domain to Increase

From: Scott Beardsley <scott () CSE UCDAVIS EDU>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 08:26:01 -0700

September 3, 2009, Washington, D.C.--EDUCAUSE and VeriSign announced
today the initiation of a project to enhance Internet reliability and
stability. By the end of March 2010, the project will deploy a security
system known as Domain Name Security Extensions (DNSSEC) within the .edu
portion of the Internet,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Finally we can be certain we are
talking to who we think we are talking to. Let's hope the .edu
subdomains quickly follow suit.

Scott