Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: "Keslar, Chris" <crk4 () PITT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:08:53 -0400

Mike,

We create accounts for applicants so they can access their application in
our portal system, but nothing else.  We created a separate sub-portal
specifically for this purpose.  We do not give them access to email or any
other services.  There are then a set of business rules and processes that
manage the existence of the account.

On the backend the accounts exist in our Active Directory, but are in a
separate OU than our other user accounts.

[hris Keslar

Computing Services & Systems Development

University of Pittsburgh