Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IT Security Awareness Training

From: "Plesco, Todd" <tplesco () CHAPMAN EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:35:52 -0700

As a matter of general practice, I develop customized awareness &
training to each particular audience.  Often, the material of a 3rd
party vendor's program may present irrelevant material or contradictory
in fact.  (Though, it could serve the purpose of letting you check off
your 'to do' if your strapped for resources.)

Some of the key concepts for the general computer user may be "rights &
responsibilities", "sanctions" , "breach/violation notification",
"contact/support info" and most importantly " computer usage agreement"
(with signature.)

Todd A. Plesco  CISM, CBCP

Chapman University, Director of Information Security

One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866

Phone: (714) 744-7979/Fax: (714) 744-7041