Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: A Real-Time malware antivirus console

From: "Stanclift, Michael" <michael.stanclift () ROCKHURST EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:39:33 -0500

I currently have EPO/McAfee configured to send me an email alert when a virus is detected on a system but it could not
be removed. Then I get a daily digest in the morning of yesterday's activity including things that were removed. Not
"real time" like you said, but real enough for me given the limited resources we have. If I wanted, I could change the
email alerts to include all virus threats detected, but I'd probably be flooding my inbox with a lot of things that are
not really worth tracking down, at least for me.

Michael Stanclift
Network Analyst
Rockhurst University

http://help.rockhurst.edu