Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Dameware mini remote control

From: "Clark, Sean" <Sean.Clark () UCDENVER EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:29:03 -0600

The downside to Dameware is that you lose the ability to manage passwords (length, complexity, duration, etc), since
Dameware doesn't authenticate via AD like RDP does.  By using a simple PW for Dameware, users can effectively bypass
all of your password requirements.

Sean Clark
Manager, IT Security/Email/UNIX Systems
UCDenver IT Services