Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: netflow

From: "Truong, Joseph" <Joseph.Truong () UCSFMEDCTR ORG>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:22:36 -0700

We use the Cisco  Mars that has a good historical data and trends  in getting the info from netflow.   Very helpful to
track top talkers and query for any types of information needed in regards to network traffic.
We use daily and it's a great tool in helping us to detect attacks and viruses on the network.

Joseph Truong
Senior Network Engineer & Security Analyst
UCSF Medical Center
Enterprise Information Technology Services
Tel: 415-353-4599 Office
Tel: 415-717-4846 Cell