Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Conficker/NMAP

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:10:09 -0600

We badger our users with weekly nessus scans to urge them to do their updates, etc.  Our nmap scans yesterday didn't
find anything either.  We're continuing the scans as additional computers come on line today (and are working on a
facility that may allow us to scan machines individually as they show up in our arp tables).  Meanwhile, we've been
dealing with the Ukranian DNS redirections for a while here.

Bob Bayn     (435)797-2396     Security Team coordinator
"IT will NEVER ask for your password via email, honest!"
Office of Information Technology at Utah State University